St. Paul’s


The first religious services were held at the house of Joseph Capser in the fall of 1864, by Father Matthew Stuerenberg, O. S. B., who was active in the Stearns county missions for a few years. In 1870 Joseph Capser, Ferdinand Borgmann, Joseph Ebensteiner, Henry Kalkmann, George Gruber and Anthony Miller bought a piece of ground on which to build a church. The sum of $475 was paid, Mr. Capser paying $300. A church was erected on the spot the next year and dedicated by Father Valentine on June 30, 1871. The first confirmation took place in September, 1875, by Bishop Seidenbusch.

A parochial school was built 1896–1897. It was opened February 18, 1897, with an attendance of 50 children taught by two Benedictine Sisters.

In 1902 the contract for erecting the foundation for a new church was let to Paul Koschiol, of St. Cloud. On April 10, 1904, Bishop Trobec laid the corner-stone of the new church and on April 25, 1906, the new St. Paul’s was dedicated by the same prelate. In 1908 the congregation consisted of 106 families, all German.


New Addition 2016

Construction for our new addition began in 2015 and consisted of a gathering space, offices, chapel, confessional, elevator, entrances and expanded parking areas.